Texas State University - 200 Hour yoga Teacher Training Program for Dancers
In this training you will learn:
- How to teach and practice all of the major yoga poses taught in yoga classes
- Anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics
- Proper alignment in poses, their benefits and contraindications
- Yoga history and philosophy
- Meditation techniques
- Pranayama - breathing techniques
- Therapeutics, adjustments and modifications
- Hands-on assists
- How to sequence your yoga class
- Yoga methodology
- Sanskrit 101 - yoga talk
- Tools for living your yoga
Dates and Pricing
This yoga teacher training lasts 2 semesters, starting with the 2018 fall session and ending with the 2019 spring semester. you will become a certified yoga teacher in less than a year. upon COMPLETION of the program You will be a 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance.
there are two components for this training:
1. you must register for dance 1114 (both semesters) through TXST. registration starts march 29th.
2. you must sign up for the wednesday night class and attend both semesters. sign up on this website.
recent grads or dance alumni
YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM! YOU WILL NOT REGISTER FOR DANCE 1114, BUT YOU WILL NEED TO AUDIT THIS CLASS BOTH SEMESTERS. THIS MEANS, YOU do not officially register through txst, but instead make arrangements through the dance department to audit the class. you will make your only payment through heart of texas yoga.
Dance 1114 will meet tuesday and thursday 12:30 - 1:50PM. (this is part of your degree plan as a dance major and you can take this class without participating in the yoga teacher training certification program.
To qualify for the yoga teacher training, you must take the additional class on wednesday night for 2.5 hours. The class time is not final, but will be sometime between 6:00 - 9:00pm.
the additional hours on WEDNESDAY evenings are not part of your degree plan and not part of your REGISTRATIOn process as a dance major.
There will also be a two single day immersion training scheduled. there will be 8 HOUR TRAINING DAYS THAT WILL COMPLETE YOUR 180 HOUR REQUIREMENT. THERE WILL BE SCHEDULED TO ACCOMMODATE THE GROUP.
200 - hOUR TRAINING COST
FOR CURRENT STUDENTS $1850.00
FOR DANCE ALUMNI $2500 (ADJUSTED TO ACCOUNT FOR THE AUDITING INSTEAD OF REGISTERING)
Early Bird Prices
Pay early (by june 1st) and get $100 OFF YOUR PROGRAM COST